Dental Implants in Whitby, ON
Restore Your Smile With Dr. Librach
If you want a tooth replacement that looks natural and can last up to a lifetime, dental implants could be the answer you’re looking for. These durable titanium posts are placed directly in your jaw to act as the root of a missing tooth, creating a sturdy foundation for your choice of restoration.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and decide if they’re the ideal treatment for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a variety of benefits that other tooth replacements can’t match, including:
- Looks and functions like a natural tooth
- Secured to your jaw and never removed
- Resistant to decay
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Stimulates jawbone growth to prevent deterioration
- Can last up to a lifetime with proper care
Our Dental Implant Process
Restoring your smile with dental implants is a process that typically requires a few appointments over the course of several months. At our Whitby, ON dental practice, we’ll complete your implant treatment in 3 steps:
- Consultation — Before you get dental implants, you’ll need to meet with Dr. Librach for a consultation so he can determine if they’re the right treatment for you. During this visit, he’ll examine your teeth, gums, and jawbone in addition to answering any questions you have about the procedure.
- Placing Your Implant — Once he’s signed off that you’re ready, Dr. Librach will place your implant or implants in your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary restoration. For most patients, it takes three to six months for osseointegration to occur. This is the process of your implant fusing with your jawbone as it heals.
- Customized Restoration — After your jaw has fully healed, you’ll return to our office so Dr. Librach can attach your permanent restoration. For most patients, this will be a porcelain crown, though we also can provide implant-supported bridges and dentures depending on your needs. All of our restorations are customized to ensure a stunning, natural appearance.
Am I a Candidate For Dental Implants?
Any patient with missing teeth who wants to eat, speak, and smile with confidence may benefit from dental implants. Unlike dentures or other tooth replacements, implants are secured to your jaw and won’t fall out or slide around in your mouth. You can take care of them just like natural teeth, with daily brushing and flossing. If you maintain excellent oral hygiene, they may never need to be replaced. Best of all, dental implants prevent jawbone deterioration to preserve your facial appearance and long-term health.
An ideal candidate for dental implants will have a strong jawbone and healthy gums. But if you’re missing either of these things, don’t worry – Dr. Librach may be able to help you qualify with a supplemental procedure such as bone grafting. Rest assured, any supplemental treatments that are deemed necessary will be discussed during your consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
In most cases, dental implants will last for at least 25 years before they need to be replaced. If you practice excellent oral hygiene and visit Dentistry on Dundas for regular checkups, your implants may never need to be replaced.
How do I take care of my dental implants after the procedure?
During the first week after surgery, it’s crucial to follow Dr. Librach’s post-op instructions. These will include limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding drinking alcohol or smoking, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
Once your implant has healed, you can care for it just like a natural tooth with daily brushing and flossing. Our Whitby implant dentist recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nylon floss, while also avoiding brands of toothpaste that contain abrasive ingredients.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have an overall success rate of 98%. As long as your surgery is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist like Dr. Librach, there’s no reason to worry. In fact, implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents your jawbone from shrinking, making them the safest option long-term.
Will insurance cover my dental implant procedure?
Most insurance providers designate dental implants as a cosmetic treatment and don’t cover them as a result. However, your insurance may pay for a portion of your total treatment cost, depending on the terms set by your provider. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, we’ll be happy to help you maximize your benefits.
Visit Dentistry on Dundas For Dental Implants
If you want to restore health and beauty to your smile, dental implants could be right for you. Whether you’re missing one tooth, a few teeth, or even a full arch, implants will give you a reason to smile again. Call our Whitby, ON practice at (905) 666-1555 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Librach. It’s the first step on your journey to a new smile!