Dental Crowns in Whitby, ON
Same-Day Dental Crowns
A dental crown is a customized cap that covers the visible portion of a tooth and provide a resistant surface, strengthening the tooth and sealing out bacteria. At our Whitby dental practice, we use dental crowns in many different scenarios to protect damaged teeth and finalize treatments like root canal therapy. They are an effective, reliable treatment that can often allow for a tooth to be saved rather than removed or replaced with a dental implant.
We personalize your dental crowns to match the shape and colour of your other teeth, blending seamlessly into your smile. Crowns can often be fabricated at our office and applied the same day, avoiding the need for a temporary crown and shortening your treatment time. Cosmetic crowns placed on your front teeth will still require the use of a dental ceramics lab to achieve optimal esthetic results.
Applications For Dental Crowns
Dental crowns have a variety of applications to protect the health of your teeth and restore a naturally beautiful appearance. Situations where a dental crown may be a solution include:
- Larger fillings that have broken down or developed decay around them may require a crown to save the tooth.
- Cracked teeth may need a crown to restore their stability. It’s important to act fast in these cases, as an untreated cracked tooth can become sensitive or eventually break.
- Sensitive teeth, either from excessive wear or receded gums, can sometimes require crowns to seal and protect the teeth from irritation and temperature changes.
- Broken teeth may be too weak to support a filling. A crown can hold the tooth together and prevent it from breaking again. If the fracture is too deep, root canal therapy may be required before the tooth is crowned.
- After root canal therapy, a tooth will need a crown to properly seal and protect it from reinfection.
For Dental Crowns & All Your Oral Health Needs
At Dentistry on Dundas, your dentist will make a detailed evaluation of your individual needs and provide appropriate treatment. You may find that a dental crown is the ideal solution to save your tooth. Whatever your care requirements may be, the experienced staff at our Whitby, Ontario office will make every effort to protect your lasting oral health. Contact us today using the form below or by calling (905) 666-1555.